NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. SWEEPSTAKES BEGINS AT 12:00:01 PM (ET) ON NOVEMBER 14, 2013 AND ENDS AT 11:59:59 AM (ET) ON DECEMBER 31, 2013.
1. ELIGIBILITY: This SHEBA® Brand Ratings & Review Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is open to individual legal residents of the United States (including Puerto Rico and U.S. territories and possessions) who are at least the age of majority or older in their respective places of residence (age 21 in Mississippi, age 19 in Alabama and Nebraska, and age 18 in all other eligible jurisdictions) as of November 14, 2013, except employees (and their immediate families and members of the same household) of Sponsor and its advertising and promotion agencies and their respective officers, employees, directors, subsidiaries, affiliates and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”).
2. HOW TO ENTER: You may enter the Sweepstakes by one of the following two methods:
(I) Submit an Online Review & Entry: Visit www.sheba.com between 12:00:01 PM (ET) on November 14, 2013 and 11:59:59 AM (ET) on December 31, 2013 (“Sweepstakes Period”) and follow the onscreen instructions to the Consumer Reviews webpage and submit a written review of your experience with SHEBA® Brand cat food (“Review”) and opt in (check the box) to enter the Sweepstakes. ALL REVIEWS MUST MEET THE REQUIREMENTS DESCRIBED IN RULE 3. ALL ONLINE ENTRIES MUST BE COMPLETED BY 11:59:59 AM (ET) ON DECEMBER 31, 2013. Limit: one (1) online entry per person/email address. Each entrant’s online entry must be associated with only a single email address. Each online entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the natural person assigned the email address by the entity responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with such person’s email address. If any entrant uses more than one email address to enter this Sweepstakes or if more than one entrant uses the same email address to enter this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify all entries associated with the entry(-ies) and email address(es) involved and, if one such entry is the winning entry, to declare the Grand Prize forfeited.
(II) Mail-in Entry: Print your name, complete address, telephone number (with area code), email address and date of birth on a piece of paper and mail to: SHEBA Entries, Department S, P.O. Box 5701, Blair, NE 68009-5701. Limit: one (1) mailed entry per outer mailing envelope. MAIL-IN ENTRIES MUST BE POSTMARKED BY DECEMBER 31, 2013 AND RECEIVED BY JANUARY 7, 2014.
3. ENTRY REQUIREMENTS: Your Review must comply with all requirements of the Submission Terms, which also are set forth below and incorporated into these Official Rules. Your Review also: (i) cannot have been previously published or won any prize or award; (ii) must not include plagiarized content, in whole or in part; and (iii) may not contain any inappropriate or offensive content or content that is inconsistent with the Sponsor’s image.
4. SELECTION OF GRAND PRIZE WINNER: Grand Prize winner will be determined from among all eligible entries received in a random drawing to be conducted on or about January 10, 2014 by D.L. Blair, Inc., an independent agency whose decisions are final. D.L. Blair, Inc. will notify the Grand Prize winner by overnight delivery service, mail, email and/or telephone using the contact information provided at time of entry.
5. GRAND PRIZE AND ODDS: One (1) Grand Prize: a one-year’s supply of SHEBA® Brand cat food (awarded as coupons redeemable for the equivalent of 365 3 oz. cans). Approximate Retail Value: $278. Odds of winning the Grand Prize depend on the number of eligible entries received. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any component of the Grand Prize with a component of equal or greater value but no other substitution or transfer of the Grand Prize is permitted. Sponsor is responsible only for delivery of the Grand Prize and is not responsible for the Grand Prize’s utility for winner or otherwise. All applicable taxes, fees and expenses associated with the Grand Prize are the responsibility solely of its winner.
6. VERIFICATION OF WINNER AND DELIVERY OF PRIZE: Grand Prize winner is subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. Grand Prize winner may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and liability release and, where permitted, a publicity release (together, “Release”). Entry into the Sweepstakes constitutes winner’s agreement to agree to and sign the Release. The Grand Prize may be awarded to an alternate winner if the Release is not completed and returned within the time period specified, if the prize notification is returned as undeliverable or if the selected winner does not respond to an email or other communication within five (5) business days after the date sent. The winner agrees to Sponsor’s use of his/her name, address, likeness and/or prize information for promotional purposes (including a winner’s list) in any medium without additional compensation to the extent permitted by law. The winner’s prize claim (including the Release) is the property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
8. GENERAL: This Sweepstakes is void outside the United States and where prohibited or restricted by law. This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations. This Sweepstakes is governed by the internal laws of the State of Delaware. Any and all legal actions or claims arising in connection with this Sweepstakes must be resolved in accordance with the dispute resolution provisions set forth in the Website Documents. If any provision of these Official Rules is irrevocably inconsistent with any provision of the Website Documents or the Submission Terms, the provision of these Official Rules will prevail but solely to the extent of the inconsistency. The Released Parties are not responsible for: late, lost, stolen, damaged, garbled, incomplete, misaddressed, postage-due or misdirected entries, mail or communications; errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects or delays in operations or transmission of information, in each case whether arising by way of technical or other failures; malfunctions of computer hardware, software, communications devices or transmission lines; data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration or loss of entry materials; or otherwise. Further, the Released Parties are not responsible for electronic communications which are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind or insufficient space in any entrant's email account to receive email messages. The use of automated software or computer programs to participate in the Sweepstakes is prohibited and any individual who uses, attempts to use or who Sponsor suspects of using such methods to participate will be disqualified. Sponsor reserves the right to restrict entries from any IP address if a suspicious entry or other activity is detected or suspected. The Released Parties disclaim any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with, this Sweepstakes and reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend this Sweepstakes if for any reason this Sweepstakes cannot be conducted as designed or intended. In the event of any such cancellation, termination or suspension, a notice will be posted on www.sheba.com and a random drawing to award the Grand Prize may be held from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to such time. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant (and all of his/her entries) from this Sweepstakes or any other promotion conducted now or in the future by Sponsor or any of its affiliates if he/she tampers with the entry process, attempts to circumvent the terms of these Official Rules or if his/her fraud or misconduct affects (or is suspected to have affected) the integrity of this Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to correct errors in promotional materials.
By participating in this Sweepstakes, each entrant warrants that he/she accepts and will abide by the terms and conditions of these Official Rules and has the legal capacity to do so and agrees to be bound by the decisions of Sponsor and its representatives.
By accepting the Grand Prize, the Grand Prize winner agrees to release the Released Parties from any and all liability, losses or damages arising from or in connection with the awarding, receipt and/or use or misuse of the Grand Prize.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. IF AN ATTEMPT IS MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
9. WINNER’S NAME: To obtain Grand Prize winner’s name, send an email to email@example.com with “WINNER 7543” as the subject line. Request must be received by 11:59:59 AM ET on December 31, 2013. Winner’s name will be sent after his/her selection and verification.
10. SPONSOR: Mars Petcare US, Inc., 315 Cool Springs Boulevard, Franklin, Tennessee.
11. QUESTIONS? Please call 855-833-1490 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
®/™ trademarks ©Mars, Incorporated 2013.